Wednesday 14 March 2018

2018 GANYC Apple Award in Outstanding Achievement in Fiction NYC Book Writing

Hi Chaps,

Well, I've got some fun news, The Knish War on Rivington Street picture book, written by Joanne Oppenheim, published by Albert Whitman, and illustrated by me, has actually won the the 2018 GANYC Apple Award in Outstanding Achievement in Fiction NYC Book Writing!!

There was a ceremony at the SVA Theater in New York on 12th March where the winners were announced.
Here are all the winners in full, the Knish War was amongst some very good company.

https://mailchi.mp/ganyc/ganyc-apple-award-winners-announced-nkoieszu0d 

And here's a photo of the actual proper glass trophy with my name inscribed along with Joanne Oppenheim, the author :)

So, now I think I'm officially allowed to wear a waistcoat, smoke a pipe and describe myself as an award winning illustrator :)

No comments:

Post a Comment